Nokia’s sponsorship of the Turner Prize 2011 provided a creative platform for the ‘amazing everyday’ campaign, bringing cutting edge technology to a new audience. The main objective for Nokia was to surprise and delight audiences with events and activities which enabled visitors to get a new perspective on the Turner Prize.
On the day:
The ‘Nokia Experience’ was created in BALTIC’s Level 2 space. This area gave Nokia the chance to create a unique space where visitors could find out more about the Turner Prize artists, hear other visitors’ thoughts, create their own artwork and interact with the latest Nokia handsets.
Our services included:
• Vinyl Floor Tiles - Production and installation of 34 vinyl floor tiles
• Interactive Art Creator - Development of a program to incorporate the Nokia colour palette in an interactive touch screen grid enabling visitors to create digital artwork which they could then send to their friends. The program ran on a 65” touchscreen plasma
• Amazing East Window Vinyl – We installed a vinyl print over the large east window. This branding could be seen externally from several hundred metres around the building
• Banners, Posters, Floor Mats – throughout the building
• Production of ‘Amazing at Night’, an exclusive after-hours event at BALTIC which was attended by Peter Griffith, Head of Nokia Mobile Phones
• Production of preview event which attracted over 700 people
• Production of Turner Prize ceremony After Party in BALTIC’s Riverside space
More than 70,600 people visited the ‘Nokia Experience’ during Turner Prize 2011.